Connemara, Co. Galway, Ireland
Galway, N59 Clifden Road to Oughterard. Through town, then left after
Corrib House Hotel and immediately right. Follow signs to house.
Driving Distances: Galway City-
1/2 hour, Clifden- 3/4 hour Westport- 2 hours, Shannon- 2 hours,
Dublin- 3 1/2 hours.
- 18-hole Golf
Course right in Oughterard and dozens more in the region.
- Magnificent Mountainous region of Connemara
right on your doorstep with its Connemara Ponies, turf bogs and
- Stunning walks around Lough Corrib &
Connemara. The famous Western Way walk begins in Oughterard.
- Boat trips on Lough Corrib- featuring tours of
remains on Inchagoill Island and over to Cong to view Ashford Castle.
- World-class fishing on Lough Corrib with its
wild brown trout and salmon catches.
- Ideal base from which to expolore the Burren,
only a 60 minute
drive, and the Aran Islands, ferries departing only a 20 minute drive
- The many top class restaurants, pubs and shops
We would be happy to organise any of the above
activities and arrange packages for:
- Walking & Mountain-Climbing
- Lough Corrib Boat Cruise
- Clay Pigeon Shooting & Archery
- Aughnanure Castle Tour
- Glengowla Mines Tour
- Coming Soon: Gardening,
Cookery & Lifestyle Coaching Weekends